AQP Full Body Musculoskeletal Services
This is a new service which has been selected under the Government’s AQP agenda by NHS Medway and will allow patients that are referred for Physiotherapy by their GP to chose qualified providers to deliver their Physiotherapy treatment.
Physiotherapy2fit has undertaken a huge selection process to be one of the specialist providers for:
- Medway CCG – Full Body Service
- Swale CCG – Full Body Service
- West Kent CCG -Full Body Service
If your GP is in the geographical area below you can choose to see one of our Clinical Specialist Physiotherapists.
All of our team are Chartered Physiotherapists registered with the HCPC with over 10 years post graduation experience treating musculoskeletal problems.
Why choose us
Our team of physiotherapists has a wide range of expertise and are all registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health Professions Council. They also all have at least eight years experience. We have Specialist Physiotherapists in Acupuncture, Rheumatology conditions and trauma and Orthopaedics (fractures and surgery), Women’s Health, Pilates, Lower Limb replacements, hand therapy and Chronic Pain Conditions.
We run physiotherapy clinics across North Kent. All our clinics have parking facilities and most have disabled access.
We are proud to offer one-to-one treatment sessions as well as established rehabilitation group classes which range from ankle, back and shoulder classes to specialist Pilates classes.
We have a strong history of working with consultants and local GPs. We accept patients from out of area specialist hospitals who may refer patients after surgery (i.e. spinal surgery). We also have close links with the Medway Exercise Referral Scheme which promotes and supports people with exercise in the community.
All of our Clinical Specialist Physiotherapists work with you to provide an individual treatment experience tailored to your needs.
MEDWAY and SWALE AQP PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICE
Patients Eligible for AQP Musculoskeletal Full Body Service include but not limited to:
- Neck and back problems (whip lash, sciatica, chronic back pain).
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and medical epicondylitis.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Upper limb tendonitis.
- Sports injuries.
- Ante-natal/post natal patients (including treatment after 35 weeks).
- Post-op patients (defined as those patients who have completed inpatient physiotherapy following surgery and require physiotherapy in the community, they do not have to be discharged from their consultant to access this service).
- Patients who have attended the Emergency Department (ED) but do not require a follow up appointment at a fracture clinic.
- Patients over 16 years of age.
- Patients registered with a Medway or Swale GP.
- Suspicions of serious pathology or red flag symptoms.
- Patients under the age of 16 years.
- Patients that do not meet the referral criteria.
- Housebound patients.
- Patients not registered with a Medway or Swale CCG practice.
- Patient with pain originating from non-MSK cause.
- Post hospital discharge patients (surgery or traumas) who currently have physiotherapy provided as part of their secondary care episode.
WEST KENT CCG AQP PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICE
Patients eligible for the AQP back and neck service include:
- Back and neck pain with and without referred limb pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Stiffness and restricted back and neck movements
- Cervicogenic headaches “Mechanical”
- Postural spine pain
- Pain for longer than 1 year
Red flag patients Under 16 years
- No potential for sustained or further improvement
- Over 35 weeks pregnant
We have a Choose & Book profile for this service and would appreciate if you could refer patients using this system. We require a written referral letter and are unable to accept self-referrals.
Once we receive the referral from a GP, CAS, Consultant or Secondary Care Professional we will process the patient within 3 days and will offer an appointment within 2 weeks.
Our clinicians are happy to come out to GP surgerys to provide GPs and administration staff with guidance on the new AQP system. If you would like to meet with one of our clinicians please contact us on 01795 482822 or MCCG.email@example.com
DNAs and Cancellations
Under the NHS AQP MSK service specification, patients will only be allowed one DNA (did not attend). One further follow up appointment will be offered if the patient makes contact within 24 hours or the patient will be discharged back to their GP.
As a company we like to ensure that all of our patients are offered follow up appointments at an interval that is best for their rehabilitation. For this reason no more than 2 cancellations per referral is allowed prior to discharge being made back to the source of referral. This allows us to keep our waiting times down and your treatment to the highest standard possible and we would ask you to ensure you make a commitment to attending to all of your appointments.
The Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression at Work against NHS Staff
As we are a provider that treat NHS patients we adhere to the policy below