What is OSTENIL PLUS?
- OSTENIL PLUS is a solution containing Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate).
- OSTENIL PLUS is injected into the space of a synovial joint. A synovial joint is one that contains synovial fluid. Such as the knee, hip and shoulder.
- Synovial fluid helps to lubricate the joint, act as a shock absorber and allows nutrient to reach the cartilage.
How Does OSTENIL PLUS Work?
- Hyaluronic Acid (the solution in OSTENIL PLUS) is a key component that makes up the Synovial fluid, which lubricates and protect the cartilage.
- In Osteoarthritis there is too much breakdown of Hyaluronic acid causing the Synovial fluid to become abnormal. This is one of the main reasons why the cartilage wears away.
- OSTENIL PLUS is a treatment for Osteoarthritis, it works by helping to restore normal Synovial fluid by supplementing the Hyaluronic acid that is lost.
Benefits of OSTENIL PLUS
- Following the injection of Viscosupplementation treatment such as OSTENIL PLUS, OA patients saw an 28-54% improvement in pain and 9-32% improvement in function/ mobility.
- You may not notice any benefit immediately after your injection, but will gradually experience a reduction in pain and stiffness
- The improvement in your symptoms is likely to persist for several months, depending on the progression of the degenerative change in the joint being treated. With most benefiting for up to 6 months and some even up to 40 months.
- There are no side effects to having multiple injections and research suggests there is benefit with each subsequent injection.
- There is no recovery time to the injection
- You do not need to take time off work after the injection
- OSTENIL® PLUS has been extensively tested, and has not been found to cause any serious side effect
Price- £250 administered by our consultant physio or Advanced Physio Practitioner