The pool at Aquamanda is purpose built and is heated to about 35 °C. It is accessible via steps or by hoist. It should however be noted that the pools we use at Swallows (Sittingbourne) and Roko health club (Gillingham) are cooler at about 25-29°C, although they are cooler they still offer the same benefits of being able to reduce the stress on your joints.
Hydrotherapy can be used for:
- Soothing sore and inflamed joints and muscles
- Rehabilitation following lower/upper limb fractures, spinal, hip, knee and ankle surgery
- Arthritis such as osteo/ rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, cerebral palsy
- After joint replacement surgery
- Sports injuries
- Acute and chronic low back pain
Our patients find hydrotherapy effective at introducing therapy while at the same relieving stress on joints.
Our close partnership with Aquamanda allows us to meet our private clients hydrotherapy needs. We use their hydro pool and swimming pool several times a week. We also offer all aquamanda members a 10% discount at Physiotherapy2fit.